Best Book with Facts?

Last week brought some very exciting news: The Silly Book of Weird and Wacky Words has been shortlisted for the 2016 Blue Peter Book Award (Best Book with Facts). It is one of three books in the running for this fantastic non-fiction prize which I won this year with The Silly Book of Side-Splitting Stuff.

Could this be another winner?
The news came right out of the blue and I am thrilled to be going for the 'double'. Could it be another Blue Peter badge (my third!)...? Well, the competition is tough but children are voting for the winner and I know that they'll enjoy TSBOWAWW's blend of jokes, wordplay, lists, amazing words, poems, tongue-twisters and more. The results are announced on World Book Day: March 3rd 2016.

You can read some reviews of the book here. and see some excerpts here.


Books on Tyne

I had a wonderful time at the Books on Tyne Festival in Newcastle. I spent the day at the amazing Lit and Phil Library, the largest private library outside London. The building is wonderful:



The company was wonderful too: I was speaking alongside Anne Fine, David Almond and Robin Stevens, all of whom gave insightful talks. I was grateful too for the festival arranging some photos of me in this beautiful library among the books:


In other news I've finished writing the first draft of Prankenstein on Tour, Book 3 in the series about pranks, comedy, Estonian twins and hairy monsters. It will be unleashed in Spring 2016.