A competition for children with a special prize
Kids, can you come up with a zany new prank? Children’s publisher Fat Fox Books is holding a competition for children aged 7-12 to create a brilliant idea for a funny practical joke. The competition is to celebrate the publication of a new children’s book, Prankenstein, by Andy Seed on 1st September.
Three competition winners will receive a big bag of joke shop novelties including classics such as rubber worms, chopped finger, whoopee cushion, loaded dice, fake doggy-doo and squirt ring, plus a signed copy of Prankenstein. In addition, the overall winner will have their prank included in the second book in the series: a fantastic opportunity to be published!
Prankenstein tells the story of Soapy Thompson, a cheese-allergic boy whose Granny is shot through her roof by a mysterious creature who has supercharged her stair lift. Soapy and his friends track down the culprit, only to discover something truly shocking. This funny and fast-paced tale is the first novel by Andy Seed and one of Fat Fox's two launch titles.
How to enter the competitionChildren should write down their prank in no more than 50 words and email it, with parent/carer’s permission, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date is 1st September 2014. Sixty finalists will be invited to a special free event at Love Cheese café, Gillygate, York on 7th September for a Prank Presentation with Andy Seed where the winners will be announced. All finalists will receive free joke shop novelties and delicious cheese snacks at the cafe.
Please note that prizes will only be awarded at the York event so parents/carers will need to ensure that their children can attend this event and arrange travel at their own expense. Full rules are below.
Pen a Prank competition rules
The Pen a Prank competition is to come up with an idea for a funny new prank or practical joke. Entrants should not use existing or well-known pranks, but invent their own original idea. The prank should be imaginative and can involve anything as long as it is theoretically ‘do-able’.
- Only one entry per child.
- Entrants must be aged 7-12 on 1st September 2014
- Entries must be sent by email to email@example.com
- Entries must be 50 words maximum.
- Closing date 1st Sept 2014.
- The child’s name (first name and surname) should be included with the entry.
- Children must have permission of their parent or carer to enter.
- Entries must not be offensive or dangerous.
- It is advisable for children to ask an adult to check their entry for clarity.
- Sixty finalists will be chosen to attend a free Prank Presentation event at the Love Cheese café in Gillygate, York on 7th Sept 2014 at either 11am, 12 noon or 1pm. Each finalist will be given two free joke shop novelties and refreshments from the café including cheese snacks. Finalists will be informed by email and asked to confirm if they can attend. Parents/carers can attend but note that space is limited. The event will last approx 50 mins. Finalists will need to provide their own transport to the venue. Prizes cannot be posted.
- Three winners will be announced for the best three prank ideas as chosen by author Andy Seed who will host the Prank Presentation event. Each of these will receive a bag of joke shop novelties and a signed copy of Andy’s book Prankenstein.
- One overall winner from the above three will be chosen. The overall winner will have his/her prank idea included in the second book in the Prankenstein series subject to editorial approval.